HISTORY AND PURPOSE
The Medical Society of Delaware (MSD) formed the Delaware Medical Education Foundation, Ltd. (DMEF) in 1992 to create a vehicle to provide funding for:
- Improving and expanding medical education programs, thereby providing Delaware physicians with up-to-the-minute clinical information in the ever-changing field of medical science; and
- Sponsoring programs to educate the public on health care-related issues.
DMEF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization. Funding is received from physicians, pharmaceutical and other health care-related organizations, and private corporations. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from MSD.
PROGRAMS SUPPORTED BY THE DELAWARE MEDICAL EDUCATION FOUNDATION
MSD is one organization in Delaware authorized to award AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM for educational programs, positioning MSD as a principal source of convenient, high quality continuing medical education for Delaware physicians.
As it grows and strengthens, DMEF will continue to support an ever increasing range of educational programs for Delaware physicians, their staff, and the public, providing low or no cost, local programming that is beneficial for keeping abreast of new developments in the art and science of medicine.
The DMEF considers grant requests with the following in mind:
- Development of professional education activities through MSD’s CME program having under 50% of funding through commercial sources and which are open to all physicians and other health care professionals in Delaware;
- Providing funding for fees incurred in accrediting educational activities through MSD’s CME program, which are hosted by nonprofit organizations, and state and federal agencies;
- Development of public education activities and health initiatives which benefit Delawareans;
- Where appropriate, providing funding for expenses of the MSD CME program; and
- Consideration will also be given for funding other activities related to physician education as a whole.
DMEF will consider grant requests which address the program goals and further its purpose. All grants are awarded to organizations within the State of Delaware.
DMEF does not currently fund activities or projects having:
For ongoing projects, grantees must demonstrate the potential to financially sustain the project once DMEF funding has ended.